« Home | We've got a bleeder! » | Hi. My name is Krista and I want to be a blog-aholic » 

Wednesday, February 01, 2006 

My apologies to Landon

I have a habit of speaking without thinking first. Add to that my very loud voice and sometimes it equals public embarrassment. Hey…it makes for good stories! Today is the birthday of one of my coworkers. In honor of this occasion, we went to eat lunch at Macaroni Grill. Enter Landon. He was our very cute and very single waiter. Now keep in mind there are seven of us at lunch…all women. Only two of us are single but we all recognize how good looking he is. One of the ladies at the table suggests that we leave a phone number for him on the paper tablecloth. In response, I decide it is appropriate to announce to the table that I do not pick up men at restaurants. Remember how I said I have a loud voice…I actually announced it to the whole restaurant. Oh, I should mention also that, unbeknownst to me, Landon was standing right behind me the whole time.

So my single coworker and I discuss who gets to leave their phone number for him. It’s her birthday so, obviously, she wins that fight. On top of being so good looking, Landon is also very attentive to our needs. He’s just racking up points for this! He brings us more fresh bread before we finished with the first loaf, refills our oil & vinegar bowl and makes sure we have enough water at all times. At the end of our meal Landon so graciously offered to bring us Chocolate Grenache cake for my coworkers’ birthday…on him. Are you getting an idea of just how great of a waiter he was? Haha. After he walked away I made a comment about him to the table. My coworkers all just stared at me with their eyes wide and tried to stifle their giggles. I turned around and there he was just standing there once again. Does he ever go away so we can talk about him? As soon as I saw him my face turned bright red and I burst into laughter (I have a loud laugh as well as a loud voice).

The next time he came over and graced us with his presence I did it once again! How does he keep showing up at the exact moment I’m speaking? I decided not to talk anymore…about anything.

So, Landon, I apologize for acting like a junior high girl. I apologize for embarrassing you, me and pretty much everyone else at the table. I left you a big tip for putting up with me!

I need more funny Krista stories...I think you should go back tomorrow! Makes my stupid JumboTron antics seem like small potatoes :)

muah!

Levina

Krista, all I have to say is that I can actually see myself watching this take place because I've seen it happen so many times in the past. You are the best person to go out with because ..well because of this very story. :)

yeah he got my phone number...signed, the coworker who was single and having a birthday! you crack me up!

Ok we need a cute boy waiter at girls night tonight so you can do this again. I think we should go sit at the bar this time ... there are always boys up there! HEHE

OK, at what restaurant do I need to apply to be the guy waiter at Girls Night? ;-)

You have a blog!!! Cool.

And you HUSHED ME!!!!!! I was trying to be loud. But I do have a loud voice too.

I totally agree with Tabs on this...I can picture this so vividly. These things only happen to you!! I love it! I still think you should have left your number...he sounds like a way fun guy! Roommate dinner at Macaroni grill next week?!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates