« Home | This was not my favorite thing that happened today... » | Dating Committee » | The Prodigal Roommate » | Random Game » | So you thought you could pull a fast one on me, huh? » | ath·let·ic (adjective) physically active and stron... » | Plague of the Frogs » | the return of the missing blogger » | I should just have a standing reservation at the ER! » | I'm glad this wasn't me... » 

Monday, October 15, 2007 

you're doin' fine Oklahoma...

November 16th is statehood day here in Oklahoma. We are in the midst of celebrating our centennial year and are just a month away from the big 100!


Yesterday Lindsy, Tracy, Jason and I went to the centennial parade. Here we are enjoying the sunny & warm October day. And, yes, I'm wearing two pairs of glasses.












We had high hopes and were expecting nothing less than Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade quality balloons and floats. Well...this is OKC, not NYC. We had a few of those balloons but they were the reject balloons that were difficult to keep afloat. Some of the floats were cool and we even had a few celebrities...James Garner and Miss America! All in all, it was a fun afternoon. Here are a few of the highlights:



















I would have taken more pictures but we were stuck behind a couple ladies with big hair. I could only get pictures of the really high balloons. haha.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OKLAHOMA!!!

What a fun afternoon we had!

Why are you wearing 2 pairs of glasses?

One pair so I could see and one pair to shield my eyes from the sun. Maybe I should invest in prescription sunglasses...

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates