« Home | Plague of the Frogs » | the return of the missing blogger » | I should just have a standing reservation at the ER! » | I'm glad this wasn't me... » | me vs. the mountain » | Bad boys, bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they com... » | Ice storm hits the Midwest! » | Portland or bust! » | "M" Day » | the pity cookies » 

Saturday, July 21, 2007 

ath·let·ic (adjective) physically active and strong; good at athletics or sports

Many laugh at my attempts to be athletic. Go ahead…I deserve it. It seems that God did not bless me with much athletic ability. But I try and it ALWAYS proves to be entertaining (at least for the people watching).

I played basketball in high school. That was fun but I would get confused by all the running back and forth and forget which basket was mine. It was lucky for me that I was a bad shot or else I may have scored several points for the wrong team. Haha. I played intramurals in college and was even MVP for C league volleyball. But you can probably gather that C league was not the league that the athletic people played in. I once signed up for a 5-mile race with one of my roommates but it turns out running is not my thing either (and 5 miles is whole heck of a lot longer than the 5k that I thought it was gonna be!) Now that I’m out of school and a “professional” I find myself working for a company that provides type leagues for its employees and I definitely take advantage of it.

Last year I played dodgeball but came to the realization that I suck at dodging. Then I tried rowing. Rowing I enjoy! It’s a great team sport, an excellent workout and very relaxing at the same time. I think it’s the new up and coming sport in OKC. A few coworkers and I go downtown to the boathouse every Thursday evening to practice. I’m hoping to be a little more prepared this year. Last years race turned out to be pretty entertaining when my teams boat started rowing across the lanes rather than down toward the finish line. We came in dead last but got a lot of cheers from the fans on the river bank.

The next regatta is August 18th. If you’re looking for some entertainment or just want to bet on whether or not I’ll fall out of the boat you should come check it out.

Ummm...I don't know about rowing but I played C-League basketball too!!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates