« Home | Road Rage » | Sexual Harassment » | Happy Birthday Bobby! » | My apologies to Landon » | We've got a bleeder! » | Hi. My name is Krista and I want to be a blog-aholic » 

Sunday, February 12, 2006 

God Bless the U.S.A.

I spent a better part of the weekend cheering on fellow Americans at the 2006 winter Olympics. The festivities began on Friday evening with the opening ceremonies. The show was spectacular! Toward the end, Peter Gabriel sang John Lennon’s “Imagine.” As he sang, the athletes put their arms around each other and swayed back and forth. Getting into the spirit of the Olympics Mr. T and I decided to do the same thing in my living room! If you know me well then you have no problem believing that I really got into the spirit of things.

Saturday evening was the official Olympic / Wine party at my house. If you weren’t there then you missed out on a great evening. In honor of the games we had wine from all over the world. The countries being represented by wine that night were Italy, Spain, Germany, France, Australia and the United States (Oregon & Missouri). We also had some tasty chocolate and almond bark treats to represent the Swiss Alps in honor of skiing and snowboarding.

As the night wore on we got more and more excited about the Olympic games. Being the creative group of people we are we decided to re-enact some of the most popular winter Olympic sports.




Here we have Matt and I executing a beautiful lift during a pairs figure skating event. Next we have Terra in a graceful pose during her figure skating program. Last we have my roommate Jamie and Amy Lynn competing side by side in the Skeleton.

Whew...what a weekend! What is your favorite winter Olympic Sport?

(side note: The Flying Tomato, who I was rooting for, won Olympic Gold in the men's halfpipe competition. And, personally, I am not a big fan of the new style for the Olympic medals.)

Looks like tons of fun! Sorry I didn't come... mom was in town! I am a fan of the medals...they are pretty! :) I just like all the sports...except women's hockey... I'm not sure why...but I just can't get into women's hockey. Curling a little boring...but who couldn't like a sport named curling!

Where was my party invitation?

Did Matt tell you to change your blog? If he didn't he didn't mention it to me either!

I wish I could have been there. I would have had a blast. I like the ice skating. I did my own re-enactment of the skating when I went ice skating. I tried a trip toe loop - or something that I thought was like something like that.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates