« Home | Ice storm hits the Midwest! » | Portland or bust! » | "M" Day » | the pity cookies » | Happy Halloween America! …and Mexico. » | The “FUN” ship » | Light up and drive! » | these are a few of my favorite things... » | How many college graduates does it take to assembl... » | Rowing. It's the next big thing. » 

Friday, January 19, 2007 

Bad boys, bad boys, Whatcha gonna do when they come for you?

I was robbed! No joke. My house was burglarized on Thursday evening. My roommate and I are victims of theft.

I got home around 5pm on Thursday after having picked up my car from the tire store. It’s crazy winter weather here and my tires were just not doing as well as they should so I treated my car to some new ones. I was already on edge when I got home because of having to deal with the people at the car place.

I went to stick my key in the door on the side of the house but noticed that it was ajar. My first thought was that maybe my roommate didn’t pull the door all the way shut and the wind had blown it open. As I stepped inside I could hear someone rummaging through stuff in the living room. So I yelled out and asked who was in my house. To my surprise, an unfamiliar male voice answered back. A few seconds later I could hear him grabbing some stuff and walking out the front door. So I stepped back outside through the side door and walked to the front of the house. I wanted to get a good look at him so I could call the police.

He was standing in my front yard with a laundry basket full of CD’s, DVD’s and some electronics. He also had a gym bag slung across his shoulder. He approached me and began to tell me that he thought this was his buddies house. He had come over to beat him up and steal his stuff. I immediately informed him that this was not his buddies house and it was, in fact, my stuff that he was stealing. He looked startled that I would say that and he set the laundry basket down on the ground and began to walk away. I yelled after him and asked if his gym bag was full of my stuff too. He quickly turned around and said he didn’t have anything else of mine and I could just call the cops if I didn’t believe him.

So I dialed 911 and had two cops at my house in a matter of minutes. The cops were very nice and stayed at the house for a few hours dusting for fingerprints and filling out reports. I don't think I would typically be that bold as to approach a burglar. Now that I think back on it he could have been armed and giving him attitude was probably not the smartest thing. But I got most of my stuff back and my roommate and I are both okay. This is one of my worst fears realized and I was really shaken up. It wasn’t quite the evening I had planned but I ended up with a good story to share. That’s how my life goes…dramatic and full of stories.

Oh my gosh!!!!!!!! You were really brave! I'm glad you are ok and that you got your stuff back.

OMG!! I cannot believe many things about this story, first of all that you walked in while he was still there, 2nd that you were so blod, 3rd the story he gave and 4th that he was not more violent. Wow, you were lucky. What a weird story!!

WOW! ....a good ending to a bad scene! I'm glad you were okay! You might want to do a "search" on "Concealed Weapons Permit" laws for Oklahoma and go take a class! Next time, you can level a Smith & Wesson at his navel and yell "On the ground, Dirtbag!"

I cannot believe you talked to him! I think I would've just run but I'm glad you are ok and your stuff is safe and sound.!

Oh my gosh!!!

I can't believe you seemed to remain so calm, and that you confronted him!

That could have been dangerous. But, go you!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates