« Home | Happy Halloween America! …and Mexico. » | The “FUN” ship » | Light up and drive! » | these are a few of my favorite things... » | How many college graduates does it take to assembl... » | Rowing. It's the next big thing. » | “Hey! Let’s not turn this into a midway or carniv... » | row, row, row your boat » | Fish Wedding » | playing mommy » 

Thursday, November 30, 2006 

the pity cookies

It’s been crazy around here and I seem to have taken an unscheduled blog hiatus. At this point, most everyone has heard about my trip so I’m going to skip over the rest and move on to something else. If you haven’t heard all my stories here’s a few of the activities you could have found me doing on the rest of my vacation…eating the best homemade tortillas ever in Progresso and then touring some Mayan ruins, snorkeling & kayaking in Cozumel, getting a hat made by a man who looked exactly like Johnny Depp (no joke), visiting a little establishment known as Senor Frogs, getting a body massage in the spa on the ship, playing dominoes on lido deck with my friends and nearly convincing another group of people to play “will it float” with us.

So now I find myself at the end of November. The holidays always bring some good stories because, somehow, it’s impossible for life to be normal this time of year. I stayed in OKC for Thanksgiving this year. I was ecstatic about the four day weekend and having the house to myself so I could relax and catch up on sleep. My grandparents live in town so I didn’t spend the holiday alone. Everything went smoothly all weekend and I made it through the holiday without incident.

As I was getting ready for dinner on Saturday the doorbell rang. I thought this was odd because most of my friends were out of town. For this reason I thought it would be okay to pretend that no one was home. BUT then I realized that my garage door was wide open so that wouldn’t work. When I answered the door I recognized my next door neighbors’ son. These are the neighbors to the east of us…the ones who planted ugly bushes in the grass to keep us from accidentally mowing the edge of their “fragile” grass. (That’s a good story if you haven’t heard it already). This boy likes my roommate Jamie or at least he used to. I can’t even tell you how many times he’s asked her out and been rejected. When I saw him I immediately smiled and said, “Sorry but Jamie’s not here.” But he stopped me as I was closing the door in his face and said he was here to see me. Ugh! He shoved a Tupperware full of cookies at me and said he and his family had noticed that my roommates’ cars were gone all weekend and I was home alone. They felt sorry for me so they brought me cookies to make me feel better. I thanked him for the thoughtful gift and explained that I did not spend Thanksgiving alone. He didn’t believe me and kept saying how sad it was that my roommates had abandoned me at this time of year. I felt so pathetic by the time he finished talking. I just laughed to myself after he left and gave the gift the official title of “pity cookies.”

So...are you going to have a "pity party"??

Aww. What kind of cookies were they?

Did you eat them?

Better yet, how do you feel about eating things that other people cook? Perhaps that would make a good post.

Well, that was a funny, sad, yet sweet little story. What nice neighbors you have. All my neighbors give me are earfuls of their arguments through the thin apartment walls, not exactly what I was wanting for Christmas. Anyway, I hope they were yummy cookies (what were they?).

Can't wait to see ya soon, girlie! It will be great to have you in town for a bit. We'll have to go to a fun restaurant or two. :)

I don't understand why some people quit posting........ do you?? Afterall, I AM one of your most loyal fans!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates