« Home | Portland or bust! » | "M" Day » | the pity cookies » | Happy Halloween America! …and Mexico. » | The “FUN” ship » | Light up and drive! » | these are a few of my favorite things... » | How many college graduates does it take to assembl... » | Rowing. It's the next big thing. » | “Hey! Let’s not turn this into a midway or carniv... » 

Sunday, January 14, 2007 

Ice storm hits the Midwest!

The meteorologists predicted a big one and, for once, they were right. We have ice!! It started Friday afternoon and is still going strong. I left work around 1pm on Friday and hit the grocery store in anticipation of being stuck in my house all weekend. Apparently everyone else in the OKC metro area was doing the same thing. The check out lines were ridiculously long and there was barely anything left on the shelves. Shoppers looked like they were stocking up to be stuck in their house for a year. In my opinion everyone was going a little overboard. All I wanted was to get a few things so I could make a pot of chicken noodle soup. But, lo and behold, the grocery store was out of chicken broth. Ugh!

So it’s now Sunday afternoon and I’ve been in my house all weekend. Well, not really…I did leave the house last night and braved the icy roads. It wasn’t too bad. But I woke up this morning to thunder and more freezing rain so I’m sure the roads are much worse now. I’ve tried to keep myself busy with cleaning the house and tackling a few other projects. My biggest accomplishment this weekend has been building an armoire. I bought one to go in the living room and hold our TV. It was one of those do-it-yourself purchases. I’m pretty handy so I thought I could handle it. I did pretty well too but, after working on it, I’ve decided that I should purchase some power tools. I now have blisters on my right hand from the screwdriver. There were about 50 million screws on this thing and I had to turn every one of them by hand. I’m such a trooper!

BEFORE:










AFTER:

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates