« Home | God Bless the U.S.A. » | Road Rage » | Sexual Harassment » | Happy Birthday Bobby! » | My apologies to Landon » | We've got a bleeder! » | Hi. My name is Krista and I want to be a blog-aholic » 

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 

Oh the stress of it all....

First of all…I changed my blog template. What do you think? Yes? No? Better? Worse?

Here lately I get stressed out over seemingly trivial things. Case-in-point: Grey’s Anatomy. The past two Sunday’s I have sat on the edge of my seat during that show. I tend to have bad dreams when I get really tense over things like TV and movies. This past Sunday I got so tense that I jumped and screamed when someone came up behind me unexpectedly.

Well last night was no different. It wasn’t a television show but a basketball game. I attended the Hornets vs. Wizards game at the Ford Center here in OKC. The game started out a little slow and we were behind by quite a bit. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t slightly bored. I also had a headache and was sitting right in front of a row of screamers. It probably wouldn’t have taken much to convince me to leave the game early. However, the game redeemed itself in the second half.
I don’t know what happened to the Hornets but they suddenly got a burst of energy and found their ability to hold on to the ball (which they seemed to have lost in the first half). The team quickly filled in the huge gap in the score and even got ahead by a few points. The whole crowd was on their feet by the last quarter. Everyone was clapping, dancing and screaming for the Hornets. It came down to the last 30 or so seconds. We were ahead by one point. That’s it…just one point! We were in possession of the ball and it seemed that we were trying to run the clock down. We had to make a shot though or we would have a shot clock violation. So we took the shot…and missed! Oh my goodness…the stress of this game was wearing me out! The Wizards took the ball to the other end of the court and put it through the hoop putting them one point ahead of us. At this point I thought it was over for the Hornets and put my hands on my head and closed my eyes. However, a time-out had been called and there was .5 seconds left on the clock. That’s it…1/2 second people! There’s no way we could win the game in a ½ second, is there? I could hardly bear to watch as we threw the ball in from the sideline. Since I had my eyes closed I didn’t see exactly what happened but the ball got knocked back into the crowd and the time on the clock still stood at .5 seconds. We tried again. A fast pass to the top of the key and the shot was good!! We won by one point right as the buzzer went off. I was jumping up and down, waving my arms in the air and screaming. I turned to Matt and gave him a high-five. I have never been so excited! The whole crowd was cheering and nobody was leaving. Everyone stayed in the stands to cheer on the Hornets. Whew! So much adrenaline running through my body that I had to go home and wind down for a bit before I could even think about going to sleep.

By the way…I decided that my new favorite Hornets player is Jackson Vroman. He doesn’t get a ton of playing time but he always does good things when he’s in. I had to choose a new favorite after Chris Anderson a.k.a. The Birdman was kicked out of the NBA.

the new template looks good. Just reading your story makes me tense.

Like the new template and can I just say that Grey's Anatamy has me stressed out too? I can't wait for next week!

Happy V-day girlie!

Ok so have you seen the guy ... Bostjan Nachbar. My friend Chris and I last night decided that we were going to call him Snackbar! So he might be my new favorite. LOL

Oh and that was the best game all season. I'm glad I talked myself into going even though I was sick!

Like the new template. Black is the new... well.. black.

Although I can't really remember what the old one looked like.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates