« Home | Blondes are wild, brunettes are true, but you neve... » | Shopping therapy » | What? Speak into my good ear! » | "You Can't Stop the Beat" » | Krista, will you accept this rose? » | A banana a day keeps the doctor away » | Rocky Mountain High » | Come Fly with Me » | Have a nice day, ma'am! » | “It was a sports injury!” » 

Monday, April 17, 2006 

Does the Easter bunny really exist?

Last weekend the Easter bunny came to our house. For real. He was just hanging out in our garage. He did not come bearing any gifts or chocolate, but it was him…I know it.



It was a beautiful, sunny day and my roommate Jamie and I decided to go for a walk. After walking miles and miles (slight exaggeration) we were parched and returned home. We walked up the driveway, opened the garage door and started inside. Suddenly Jamie stopped. I looked over at her trying to figure out what was wrong. She had a horrified look on her face and slowly started to back out of the garage. I was freaked out. What was in the garage? A python? A rabid squirrel? I quickly scanned the inside of the garage and there it was. Behind the trash can. A bunny! I don’t know how he got in the there but he was scared and cowering in the corner. Before we could do anything else I whipped out my camera phone for a quick photo shoot. Now we just had to figure out how to get the bunny back outside. We cleverly thought to leave a trail of spinach leaves toward the door. I guess the bunny wasn’t hungry. A broom did the trick. Just a gentle pat on the behind and the bunny scooted out the door. He hung out next to our air conditioning unit for awhile before disappearing somewhere in the back yard. Maybe I’ll see him again next year.

That's about the only animal that I haven't had habitating in my house. Maybe it's because he can't get in the attic (that seems to be where the zoo is). I'm sure there are plenty in my back yard though. =o)

Hey ... it has been a while! I just took a new job at work ... that is what the life changing decision was. It took me forever to decide ... but i decided to take a risk. We do need to start back up girls night ... let me know when ... and I'm there :-)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates