« Home | A banana a day keeps the doctor away » | Rocky Mountain High » | Come Fly with Me » | Have a nice day, ma'am! » | “It was a sports injury!” » | do - re - mi - fa - so - la - ti - do » | It's a boy! » | "You have to know the 5 D's of dodgeball. Dodge, d... » | You had me at “super” » | All I need to know about life I learned from my gi... » 

Wednesday, March 29, 2006 

Krista, will you accept this rose?

I don’t have a claim to fame. The only thing I can boast about is that I have met 3 of the men from The Bachelor as well as a few other celebrities. It's not much but it's something. I know this seems silly but how often does a girl living in OKC get to meet someone famous?

The first Bachelor I met was Aaron Buerge. I went to his restaurant in Springfield, MO. He was there and so graciously came to my table and took a picture with me.

The second Bachelor I met was Bob Guiney. His band came to OKC and played downtown. My friends and I went to the concert and met him. The third was John Paul Merritt. He was actually a contestant on The Bachelorette. He hails from right here in Oklahoma City so meeting him wasn’t so hard. He has a restaurant in town and I see him at Hornets’ games every once in awhile.

The only other two celebrities that I have met are Mark Harmon and Hilary Swank. Mark Harmon was in OKC for a celebrity charity something or other. He and his entourage just happened to be at a swanky place that my friends I were hanging out at. He came over to our table, talked to us for a bit, shook our hands and bought us a drink. I happened to meet Hilary Swank when I was living in Portland. I worked at Old Navy while I was in high school and she came through my check-out line. How random. I recognized her from her stint on Beverly Hills 90210. Yes I watched that show…and loved it!

Meeting celebrities is not something I aspire to do with my life. I don’t really seek them out…I have just happened to run into them. It’s really kind of dumb when you think about it. They’re just regular people. Regular people who happen to be extremely famous and make a lot of money! I don’t even really know what to say when I meet them. But it’s sure fun to brag about later. Maybe I can step it up a notch and run into an A-list celebrity. Brad Pitt perhaps? I think he’s from the Midwest somewhere.

Yeah, I never meet anyone famous. I have had people think I was someone famous, but I never am.

Girl, you are so popular, the celebrities just come to you. I'm so jealous!

OHHHHHH Whatever - you so sought out Aaron!!!

Hey! What about that Mike Thomas guy?? I know you've met him in OKC!

When was that pic taken with you and Aaron? He sure looks hot!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates