« Home | Have a nice day, ma'am! » | “It was a sports injury!” » | do - re - mi - fa - so - la - ti - do » | It's a boy! » | "You have to know the 5 D's of dodgeball. Dodge, d... » | You had me at “super” » | All I need to know about life I learned from my gi... » | Open wide » | fantasy season » | Oh the stress of it all.... » 

Friday, March 17, 2006 

Come Fly with Me


I had the opportunity to attend the Michael Buble concert a few nights ago with a friend. Michael (we’re on a first name basis now) has an incredible voice and, as if that weren’t enough, he’s also extremely good looking. This was probably the most entertaining concert I’ve ever been to. I thought he’d probably just sit on a stool and sing the whole time. This, in all honesty, would have been fine with me. I just wanted to hear him sing…he could have stood behind a curtain and I still would have enjoyed it. However, he can do a lot more than just sing. He cracked jokes, did a few impressions and even had a “catwalk off” with one of the members of the band. I loved it. I could have stayed in the Civic Center all night!

As fabulous as the concert was, I really want to talk about the lady that I had the pleasure of sitting next to. When I first sat down she reminded me of my Grandma. A really sweet looking older lady that was dressed very well. This is where the similarities ended. As soon as the lights lowered she pulled a flask out of her purse. I have to admit that I was shocked. We had pretty decent seats on the floor and there were ushers all over the place. She didn’t care. Obviously, she was there to have a good time. This was a fairly classy event…many people were dressed up in tuxedos and formal dresses (not me, but many others). But there’s always one person who can crash even the classiest of affairs. The more she drank, the more she chair danced. Yes, I said chair danced. You know what I'm talking about...when people think it looks cool for the top half of the body to be moving, arms flailing, while they are still seated in a chair. It was embarrassing really. Toward the end of the concert she hit me with her elbow…that’s how intense her chair dancing became! By the last song she had sucked every last drop out of that flask and something tells me that she would be having more before the night was over. Leave it to me to sit next to the one crazy person in the whole auditorium.

Crazy drunk lady aside…I had a blast at the concert and highly recommend it to anyone who has the chance to go.

Girl, I am so jealous of you! I love love LOVE Michael. I'm not too happy with him right now though because he isn't coming to Portland, or even Seattle, on this tour. How does that even make sense? OH well. Sorry about the crazy chair dancing lady. Sure doesn't surprise me though. Anywhere you go Krista, something funny is bound to happen. Love ya girl!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates