« Home | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » | complaint letter » | Does the Easter bunny really exist? » | Blondes are wild, brunettes are true, but you neve... » | Shopping therapy » | What? Speak into my good ear! » | "You Can't Stop the Beat" » | Krista, will you accept this rose? » 

Wednesday, May 03, 2006 

Pride goes before the fall

I love seeing people fall! Of course, I always make sure the person is okay before I start laughing at them. I’m always intrigued by how people choose handle it; whether they laugh it off or try to play it cool. I learned a long time ago that you can’t really recover from something like that. You end up looking more like a dork if you try to play it cool so you may as well just laugh at yourself…everybody else probably is.

This past weekend I took a bad fall. I volunteered to work at the Tom & Jerry’s tent at the OKC Arts Festival. I was signed up for a shift on Friday evening along with a friend of mine. I met him at his house after work and changed into jeans and flip flops before heading out. As we were driving downtown it started to rain. This was not just ordinary rain…it was like the sky opened up and tried to wash away the state of Oklahoma. We parked the car at a meter downtown and sat for a few minutes hoping the rain would ease up. No such luck. It was almost time for our shift to start so we decided to make a run for it. As we started running down the sidewalk a gentleman stopped to ask us for change. We had none as we had put the last of our change in the parking meter. We kept running. Then it happened. We ran past an old building with marble on the ground in front where the sidewalk would normally be.

Just to recap…I was wearing flip flops with absolutely no traction and was about to run on top of marble in the rain. Not a good combination! I slipped and fell flat on my butt. I was sitting on the soaking wet ground with jeans on! It took a minute for my friend to stop laughing enough to help me up. He grabbed my arm and began to pull me up. But, seeing as I had no traction on my feet, I couldn’t stand up. He kept pulling and I just kept sliding on the ground closer toward him. I couldn’t stand up and I didn’t know what to do. So I wrapped my arms around his legs and sat on his shoes. I was obviously not thinking clearly. We were on a busy street corner in downtown OKC and I was on the ground with my arms wrapped around his legs! I sat there trying to decide whether to laugh or cry. In between bursts of laughter I could hear my friend saying, “Krista, please get up there are people watching us!”

Somehow I managed to get up and we continued on to the arts festival. I walked down the street with a wet behind and he walked behind me…laughing!

What a horrible friend!

HA HA HA HA! Oh Krista!! You make me laugh! That was definitly the best story I've heard in the last few days! I wish I would have been there. And just by the comment your "friend" made...I'm pretty sure I know exactly who it was! :) Sounds like a ton of fun...I wish your friend would have taken a picture while he walked behind you!
Finals will be over soon...and then we HAVE to hang out! Love ya

Oh my dear Krista...I can just picture this happening to you...because of course it would happen to you, such is your life. :) And sadly (well, that is debatable) I would probably be laughing at you before I helped you too. But then I would feel bad and help you out just like your wonderful friend did by walking behind you. :)

Girl, when are you coming to town? I need to get to planning a get together. :)

I thought of you this morning when getting ready. I was thinking of wearing flip-flops, but it was raining. So I wore shoes.

PS: My word verification is okcnjny. Thought that was neat.

Still falling after all these years. Glad to see somethings never change.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates