« Home | Light up and drive! » | these are a few of my favorite things... » | How many college graduates does it take to assembl... » | Rowing. It's the next big thing. » | “Hey! Let’s not turn this into a midway or carniv... » | row, row, row your boat » | Fish Wedding » | playing mommy » | Automotive Personality » | It may be America’s favorite pastime but it’s not ... » 

Sunday, November 05, 2006 

The “FUN” ship

I’m sure everyone is wondering how the cruise went. Let me start by saying that, yes, the vacation only got better after our eventful day driving down to Galveston last Sunday. There are way too many stories to share in one post so I’m going to have to break it down by day.

Monday Oct. 30, 2006



Monday was a fairly uneventful day. The first thing we did once we boarded the ship was head straight to the diner for lunch. I’ll probably be talking a lot about the food because it was so amazing. We couldn’t go to our room for a few hours so we walked around and gave ourselves a little tour of the ship. Here’s a great view from one of the top decks at night…



Before we set sail all the passengers were required to participate in an emergency drill. We put on our life jackets and walked in a single file line to one of the outside decks. When the alarm sounded I yelled out, “WOMEN AND CHILDREN FIRST!” That got a few chuckles from the other passengers and some annoyed looks from the staff. I’m sure they hear that a lot.

After the land was out of view I started with the Dramamine. The waters seemed turbulent and seasickness was imminent. At dinner that night I was introduced to some of the most amazing food I have ever eaten. After my fabulous appetizer and salad I ate Snapper as my entrée. For dessert…warm chocolate melting cake. Meal time will never be the same. Also at dinner we met Vladimir our waiter. He was one of my favorite people on the cruise and came to be known as Vlady Daddy, Vlado or V-Dawg.



Stay tuned for the next post...Tuesday - the Halloween party!

Nice pic of the ship. Why is no one in the pool? Did you go down the slide? :)

Oh goodness!! I can't wait to hear all the stories...hurry post about Tuesday!!! I won't get a real vacation for so long...so I have to live vicariously through your vacations!!

Bone - The pools closed at midnight. This picture was taken in the wee hours of the morning which explains why there's no one in the pool or even on the deck.

Ash -we should take another vacation together. Road trip to Denver??

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates