« Home | Fish Wedding » | playing mommy » | Automotive Personality » | It may be America’s favorite pastime but it’s not ... » | Where do you mingle when you’re single? » | The Sisters I Never Had » | just call me Auntie Krista » | The Family that Runs Together, Stays Together » | 101 days and counting… » | Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years » 

Wednesday, September 20, 2006 

row, row, row your boat


This will be me next weekend at the Head of the Oklahoma Regatta. My position is in the middle of the boat…seat 5 to be exact.

I’ve had several opportunities to participate in various things through my job. You may remember that I played on a dodge ball team earlier in the year. I’m always willing to give things a try so when I got an email about the rowing team I did not hesitate to sign up. It’s actually been a lot of fun and a great source of exercise.

The skill level required for rowing is not very high (which is probably why I’ve taken to the sport). It’s very relaxing and only requires a certain amount of coordination and flexibility. Sometimes, however, the coordination is a little lacking on my part. During practice a few weeks ago I almost fell out of the boat. My oar dug deep into the water and swung around so fast that I thought for sure I was going in. And let me tell you…the Oklahoma River is not the cleanest so falling in is something I’m trying hard to avoid.

So if you’re around next weekend you should come out and watch me race. I have a feeling that my team will do pretty well. That or I’ll fall out of the boat. Either way…it promises to be entertaining.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates