« Home | row, row, row your boat » | Fish Wedding » | playing mommy » | Automotive Personality » | It may be America’s favorite pastime but it’s not ... » | Where do you mingle when you’re single? » | The Sisters I Never Had » | just call me Auntie Krista » | The Family that Runs Together, Stays Together » | 101 days and counting… » 

Monday, September 25, 2006 

“Hey! Let’s not turn this into a midway or carnival!”

Oh…the state fair. It’s hard to put into the words the awesomeness (is that even a word??) of the state fair so I’m going to give you some pictures to look at instead. The title of this post comes from a sales guy at the chair massage booth. I guess he was not happy with the fact that I used the massager on my friends head instead of his back. So he grabbed it from my hands and, right before he kicked me out of his booth, he exclaimed, “Hey, let’s not turn this into a midway or carnival!” I really fought back the urge to fill him in on the fact that he was at the state fair so it was already a carnival.


This year I went to the fair with two of my favorite people and our first stop was the Bowling for Soup concert. I’m sure you’ve heard of them…they’re great. I’m probably their oldest fan as they seem to mostly appeal to junior high kids. This is me at the concert and, as you can see, I really got into it.



Our next stop was to see the world’s smallest woman. Mr. T and I went to check it out. I thought it would be a hoax but, yes, she was real. It was kind of sad to see someone on display like that…I didn’t know they still did that at the fair.




Next, we hit the rides. I’m terrified of heights so I wouldn’t let the boys drag me on the high rides. We were standing in line for one called Fire Ball but as soon as I saw what it did I was out. I’ll admit that my fear of heights is a little out of hand but I’d much rather stay on the ground. So we rode the Polar Express. I’ve always known the ride to be called the Matterhorn but whatever…














We closed out the night with some good ole fried dessert. It's the State Fair so you have to eat fried food. It's a rule. mmm....fried oreos. They look gross but actually weren’t that bad. However, I don’t plan on making them a regular part of my diet.

In between all of these activities we put in a lot of good people watching. I saw a lot of big hair, mullets, cut-off shorts and several other fashion faux pas. Gotta love the fair!

HEY!! It sounds like you had a BLAST! I'm so happy Matt is finally here!! We need to do dinner soon!!

Cut off shorts are a faux pas?

Are you sure?

That puts a serious dent in my summer wardrobe :)

Sounds like the State Fair was a huge hit, as always. You should have informed the guy at the massage booth that any outing with the three of you is bound to turn into a midway or a carnival at some point so you just have to accept the fact and move on. I have. :) Tell the Matts I say hi!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates