« Home | say it with flowers... » | obscure sports » | cutest baby contest » | my weekend in P-town » | at random » | You've Got Mail » | 100,000 » | busy... » | Technological Idiot » | say hello to Penny! » 

Sunday, June 01, 2008 

There's no better way to celebrate your birthday...than at the Oklahoma Opry??

My birthday was this past weekend...I'm another year older and another year closer to 30. That doesn't bother me so much. Ask me again next year and I'll see how I feel about that...

I had a great birthday though and got to celebrate all weekend long starting on Friday night. I was taken out for a special birthday dinner at one of my favorite restaurants and had a fantastic evening! On saturday night the excitement grew even more as I headed to the Oklahoma Opry. That's right folks...this girl from Oregon that has resisted becoming an Oklahoman every step of the way actually step foot inside the Oklahoma Opry! Aside from having to listen to country music all night it was highly entertaining and an enjoyable way to spend the evening. I never thought I would be telling people that I went to the Opry. But there you have it...this is what living in Oklahoma for several years will do to you. I wonder what surprising things I will be participating in next year? That is if I'm not sitting at home depressed at how close I'm getting to the big 3-0...

Happy belated birthday - Okie!

I am one pathetic friend and apologize profusely for not calling you on your birthday. I suck. I do love you and thought of you and am glad to hear that you had a great birthday. But seriously, shut your pie hole about getting closer to 30. I'm closer than you are. :)

Oh my dear friend I am truly proud!!! I knew you would come around in time...everyone does!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates