« Home | say hello to Penny! » | Here's to old friends! » | Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night... » | Round Two... » | State of Emergency » | Holiday Etiquette » | It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! » | eavesdropping » | Happy Halloween!!! » | weekend highlights » 

Thursday, January 10, 2008 

Technological Idiot

I’m not stupid. I like to learn new things and I catch on quickly. I also like to enjoy the luxuries and conveniences that are made available to us today. This is why I decided to start looking into getting myself an iPod or something similar to it. I informed Jason of this before Christmas and he started looking around online at all my options. I happily let him do that for me as I wasn’t really interested in the research process.

Well, Christmas came around and to my surprise Jason gave me an MP3 player. I was thrilled and couldn’t wait to use it. It did everything I wanted it to and actually seemed easy to use. He showed me exactly how it worked and I spent an evening filling it with music. The next day I decided to put some more cd’s on there and did it exactly as I had learned how.

Have I told you about my theory that I have a magnetic aura surrounding my body that makes computers and other electronics stop working? Well I believe I have now proven this theory to be true. Somehow the files I loaded on the second day became corrupted and can’t be used or deleted. I broke it!!! It was my favorite gift and now it doesn’t work. I feel horrible.

One of my other Christmas gifts was a webcam. My brother and sister-in-law gave it to me so I can send video emails to my nephew and niece. It’s a great idea and I’m very excited since I only get up there to visit about once a year. So I had Jason come over to install it on my computer the other day. Well, we ran into a problem. My computer is running so slowly that a webcam wouldn’t work so well. He looked around and tried to make it run faster but apparently there’s a bunch of crap that I don’t even know where it came from. We deleted a ton of stuff and still not much progress. I believe his exact words were, “Krista, I have no idea what you’ve done to this computer.” So our fun project for the weekend we will be wiping my computer and starting over.

Ugh! I don’t know how these things happen to me. From now on please keep all computers and electronics out of my reach!

Well, I hope your magnetic aura doesn't travel across the internet :)

Love my iTunes and iPod. When I first got it, I didn't think I'd use it much. Boy, was I wrong. I rarely listen to the radio anymore.

You'll have to let me know how the web cam works - J & I might have to try that. But not for long hopefully.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates