« Home | Oh the stress of it all.... » | God Bless the U.S.A. » | Road Rage » | Sexual Harassment » | Happy Birthday Bobby! » | My apologies to Landon » | We've got a bleeder! » | Hi. My name is Krista and I want to be a blog-aholic » 

Thursday, February 16, 2006 

fantasy season


At the risk of sounding white trash and/or “southern”…I love NASCAR!!!

I now feel the need to defend myself. I am from Oregon and had never heard of NASCAR until I moved to Oklahoma. In the several years that I’ve lived here I have made a conscious effort not to do or say anything that could label me as being from this part of the country. I wouldn’t even eat fried foods when I came here as a college freshman. The thought of frying everything imaginable and serving it with gravy was foreign to me. I actually lost weight my freshman year (although the freshman 15 caught up with me as an upper classman) because I couldn’t bear to put “southern” food in my mouth. Now, 6 1/2 years later, the only two “southern” things that have rubbed off on me are 1) the occasional slip of the word “ya’ll” from my mouth and 2) a passion for NASCAR.

I know that some of you are reading this and making fun of me. It’s really my friend Ashley’s fault. We lived together for two long years in college. Every single Sunday afternoon the race would be on our living room television. I fought it for as long as I could but, as they say, if you can’t beat ‘em…join ‘em!

If you’re not laughing at me yet then this next part may push you over the edge. This 2006 season I am participating in Fantasy NASCAR. Yesterday evening I finally got around to setting up my team. This Sunday, Feb. 19th, marks the official start of the Season…the Daytona 500. You better believe that I will be watching the race and cheering my team on.

Krista - I'm so proud if you for becoming a NASCAR fan! It's possible the best thing I ever did for you! It's GREAT! If we have a Daytona party at Mike's you will have to come over! I'll let you know!

YEAH...NASCAR season is back!! Oh...and we are NOT white trash for watching...if other girls were smart they would see that there are a FEW hotties that race these cars. AND...NASCAR is now the second most popular sport (I heard that yesterday on TV)....so being a NASCAR fan makes you 1 cool American! ha ha ha. Did I justify being nascar fan for you! Hopefully people will now be jealous of you...not make fun of you!

I forgot about the conclave...how could I forget? Yes, the topic of gravy was an unusually popular one. I have a feeling I already know what Jason will have to say about this.

lol..nice kira,

hey there is nothing to be ashamed of, we watch nascar up here in the northwest...and have tried to get a track out here in troutdale...

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates