« Home | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » | complaint letter » | Does the Easter bunny really exist? » | Blondes are wild, brunettes are true, but you neve... » | Shopping therapy » 

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 

it could happen to you...

Have you ever had one of those embarrassing moments that you wish you could take back? Ever walked into a room with your pants unzipped or your skirt tucked into your pantyhose? It’s a times like this that it would be nice if life had a rewind button and you could just go back and fix it.

Yesterday afternoon I went to lunch with a few of my coworkers. As we were sitting at our booth talking, I noticed a group of patrons get up to leave. One of the ladies in the group was wearing a dress that zipped all the way up the back. The problem: her dress was unzipped…all the way unzipped. The whole restaurant saw her. I was embarrassed for her…but still slightly amused.

My junior year of college I went out to dinner with a group of friends. We had decided to try something new and headed down to a Thai restaurant that none of us had ever been to. We were sitting at a large table in the middle of the restaurant. Behind me, a middle-aged woman walked past our table toward the front of the restaurant. As she was walking her slip fell to the ground. I turned to look at her. I was completely mortified that something like this could even happen. She just shrugged, stepped out of her slip, picked it up and walked away. I was trying to conceal my laughter but it was impossible. I made a mental note to check the elastic on all my slips when I got home that evening.

Moments like these seem to be inevitable. I only hope that when they happen to me they are not very memorable. However, most of mine seem to be very dramatic and are not quickly forgotten.

Krista... this story only reminds me of falling in the middle of studio 54 on a lemon. Thank goodness Matt was there to pick me up and laugh at me... that, I will never forget.

Hi Krista! I found you on myspace and so I came here. I am excited to catch up on what you have been doing the last few years. Maybe now we can keep in touch better. Come visit my xanga when you have a chance. :)

Well, I can't really relate to the skirt tucked in the pantyhose thing.

My embarrassing moments usually involve me opening my big mouth at the wrong time.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates