« Home | It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! » | eavesdropping » | Happy Halloween!!! » | weekend highlights » | you're doin' fine Oklahoma... » | This was not my favorite thing that happened today... » | Dating Committee » | The Prodigal Roommate » | Random Game » | So you thought you could pull a fast one on me, huh? » 

Thursday, December 06, 2007 

Holiday Etiquette

Okay…it’s December. The shopping malls are crazy. The roads and highways are packed with people trying to get to the shopping malls. The babies are all crying, little kids are running all over the place, store employees are tired and customers are rude. AAHHH! When did going out of the house this time of year get to be such a pain in the butt! Seriously! I’ve done my fair share of Christmas shopping so far this season and I still have more to do. Every time I get in my car or walk into a store its instant frustration. So I think we need to establish a set of rules for everyone to follow and make all our lives easier this time of year. Anybody with me on this?

I was listening to the radio a few days ago and listeners were calling in on this very topic. I only caught a few minutes of the show but the rules I heard people suggest, although funny, weren't such a bad idea. For example…

• The malls and stores are just like roads. Stick to your side of the road! Don’t cut people off or stop in the middle of the aisle and block everyone else. Be aware of those around you!

• Don’t expect the store employees to be at your beck and call if there are a line of customers they are trying to wait on.

• If you’re writing a check use your time in line to start writing it out so you don’t hold up everyone by searching for your checkbook in your purse, then filling it out, then putting the amount in your checkbook register...

• At the post office, make sure your packages are ready to go by the time you get to the counter. You’ll most likely have to wait in line for awhile so use that time to finish addressing your mail. Don’t get to the counter with a pile of boxes and no zip codes on any of them and make the clerk look up every one for you!!! (This is actually happened to me the other day and it took everything inside of me not to say something to that lady).

So if you have any other suggestions on rules for holiday shopping etiquette please let me know. And let’s be courteous out there people! This is supposed to be a happy time of year.

HAHA! I agree with your list. The mall is like a highway.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates