« Home | eavesdropping » | Happy Halloween!!! » | weekend highlights » | you're doin' fine Oklahoma... » | This was not my favorite thing that happened today... » | Dating Committee » | The Prodigal Roommate » | Random Game » | So you thought you could pull a fast one on me, huh? » | ath·let·ic (adjective) physically active and stron... » 

Saturday, December 01, 2007 

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

Christmas lights!!! It's my favorite part of the holiday season. Now that Thanksgiving is behind us we can start listening to Christmas music, decorating the Christmas tree and looking at all the pretty lights.

Last night we drove an hour and half down to Chickasha to walk through the Festival of Light. I would have taken more pictures but the screen on my camera broke and I wasn't even sure that this one would come out.


Here are my top 10 favorite things about this time of year...

10. Snow!!! (although it looks like we won't be enjoying that in Oklahoma any time soon)

9. Parties. It's always fun to get together with friends, family and coworkers at this time of year.

8. Paid holidays. I always look forward to a few extra days off work. And the overtime I'll end up working to be able to complete the month's work before the Christmas break is definitely worth the few days off.

7. Fireworks on New Years! I love fireworks almost as much as I love Christmas lights. However, this year I'll probably be ringing in the new year as I wait for my luggage at the airport.

6. Christmas shopping. I don't really enjoy fighting the crowds at the stores but I do love buying presents for those on my list...even the few people that are hard to buy for.

5. Christmas music. I have a strict rule about not listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving but once that holiday is behind bring on the Christmas music!

4. Christmas movies. Some of my favorites include White Christmas, A Christmas Story and Love Actually.

3. Santa! I have to say that I still believe in Santa or I don't get any presents from him on Christmas morning.

2. Family. This is typically the one time of year that I get to go visit my family since I don't live so close to them anymore.

1. Christmas lights! duh...you already knew I was going to say that.

awwwww, what a cute photo!

I love everything about Christmas except that it is cold. And the only thing good about cold is that you can curl up and be warm inside.

Good list, you may have inspired me to do my own list. I also love the photo!!

I totally still believe in Santa. And I love love love snow! Though we mostly only get flurries here once or twice a year.

Where are you flying?

Bone ~ I'm going to Oregon to see my family. It probably won't snow there either...

I totally agree with #7. I LOVE Christmas Light and Fireworks equally. I don't know if I could ever get sick of looking at either.

Santa didn't come the year after my brother got married and I informed my mom that until I have kids of my own, I believe in Santa and he had to come!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates