« Home | always, always, always a bridesmaid » | There's no better way to celebrate your birthday..... » | say it with flowers... » | obscure sports » | cutest baby contest » | my weekend in P-town » | at random » | You've Got Mail » | 100,000 » | busy... » 

Monday, June 30, 2008 

a case of the Mondays

It is Monday morning at 8:01 am precisely. Yes, I should be at work. In fact, I should have been at work 30 minutes ago. I actually got out of bed on time this morning. I took a shower and got ready for work without any problems. I didn't even have trouble picking out what I was going to wear. So what's the problem? Well...let me tell you...

I got a promotion last week at work (woo hoo!) and, naturally, I planned to be an exceptional employee this week so as to reinforce to my boss that promoting me was a good move. As I mentioned before I got ready for work with no problems this morning and, consequently, left the house a little earlier than usual. I decided that I needed a smoothie for breakfast to help me start my day (and to reward myself for doing so good this morning). So I got the smoothie and then stopped at the gas station to fill up before heading to work. This is when it starts to get bad. I SPILLED MY SMOOTHIE!!!! It was sitting in the cup holder and, as I turned a corner, it tipped and fell onto the floor on the passenger side. I tried to catch it while turning but in the process got it all over myself. Ugh! So I stopped at the nearest place to grab some napkins and do a quick clean up job. Well, I picked up the cup hoping to scoop up some of the mess into it and then the bottom fell out. What kind of flimsy cup is this! By the way, this smoothie had lots of blueberries and strawberries in it so it was not a subtle color that was staining the carpet of my car.

At this point I felt I had no choice but to head home and clean myself and my car. I called my boss and left an amusing message. I was laughing as I explained what happened but the laughter was only so I wouldn't cry. I stopped at wal-greens to pick up a bottle of carpet cleaner and headed home. The directions on the bottle said to spray and let sit for 5 minutes before wiping with a damp cloth. Repeat as necessary. I followed the directions and repeated. Then I repeated again and again and again. I've lost count on the repeats at this point so I decided to let it soak in for a bit longer. I think it's been sitting for long enough so I'm going to close this blog post and go see if the carpet looks any better yet. I hope this isn't an indication of how the rest of the day is going to go....

LOL That was pretty amusing. Personally, I would probably have been yelling things unsuitable for children as this was happening.

Sure hope the rest of your day went better.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates