« Home | All I need to know about life I learned from my gi... » | Open wide » | fantasy season » | Oh the stress of it all.... » | God Bless the U.S.A. » | Road Rage » | Sexual Harassment » | Happy Birthday Bobby! » | My apologies to Landon » | We've got a bleeder! » 

Sunday, February 26, 2006 

You had me at “super”

Yesterday Mr. T and I decided it would be fun to head downtown to the Home & Garden Expo. The show didn’t exactly live up to our expectations. It’s a good thing we took our used subway cups to the ticket office for a discounted admission fee. We had to pass the cups through the little circular hole in the ticket booth and received $1.00 off our admission. Only in Oklahoma…

We got there just in time to hear Kenneth Brown from HGTV’s reDesign speak. He mostly talked about himself but he did take some time at the end to answer the silly audience questions. I tried to listen to what he had to say but mostly I was critiquing his outfit to myself (and sometimes out loud). It was interesting but I’ll spare you the details.

The presentation was ended abruptly by one of the volunteers so we made our way to the other exhibit hall and walked around. The super shammy caught our attention. These things are amazing! The presentation was enough to get us to fork over some money for the thing. As we were standing in line to buy one some kid walked up to the demonstrator and said, “You had me at super!” haha…he had to be no more than 10 years old. Now that I think about it, I’m not even sure where his parents were.


The most exciting exhibit, however, was the Vita-Mix table. I don’t normally get excited about kitchen appliances but this is amazing. We learned how to make our own peanut butter from honey roasted peanuts. I walked past the table three times because it was so incredible. Afterwards we went home and tried it ourselves. It turns out that Mr. T has an antique Vita-Mix from the 1980’s. It’s a monster machine but we cleaned it up and it worked!

The newest version of the Vita-Mix, the Vita-Mix 5000 is only $399. So if you’d like to contribute to my Vita-Mix fund I would greatly appreciate it! You may even get some homemade peanut butter out of the deal. You won’t regret it.

I'll let you bring me some the next time you visit. We can have a phone date anytime!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates