« Home | It's a boy! » | "You have to know the 5 D's of dodgeball. Dodge, d... » | You had me at “super” » | All I need to know about life I learned from my gi... » | Open wide » | fantasy season » | Oh the stress of it all.... » | God Bless the U.S.A. » | Road Rage » | Sexual Harassment » 

Monday, March 06, 2006 

do - re - mi - fa - so - la - ti - do

Yesterday was all about the Sound of Music sing-a-long at the Museum of Art! I am always up for finding new and different ways to be entertained and when I heard about this I couldn’t pass it up. As, Jamie Stephanie and I entered the theater we were given a bag of “magic moments.” This was a bag of goodies to use throughout the show. I soon found out that a sing-a-long is very interactive and requires more than just singing. I also came to realize that a sing-a-long consists of dressing for the part. This was the part I did not participate in. The costume contest portion of this event revealed many people dressed up as Maria, Captain von Trapp and his children, and many other characters.










Here we have Stephanie, Jamie and I with a nurse and a nun from the show. The nurse was very giddy and loved to sing. The nun had a belt on with climbing tools and proclaimed that she was on a mission to "Climb Every Mountain." Her next goal was to conquer the Arbuckles. Next we have Jamie and Stephanie showing off some of their "magic moments."










Above is my invitation to the Captain's Ball that the Baroness suggested he throw. The next picture is a few of the entrants in the costume competition. On the left is a guy with name tags all over his shirt claiming to be "a name I call myself." In the middle is a man dressed as a brown paper package tied up with string. On the right is a gentleman dressed as one of the nuns from the Abbey. I don't know who the random lady is on the end.

We were led in vocal warm-ups at the beginning of the show by a nun. Then we were set free to play along with the movie. The words to all the songs were displayed at the bottom of the screen. I sang my heart out as did many other people in OKC. As a side note...there are a lot of vocally challenged citizens in this city and I believe that many of them were at the sing-a-long. It was fun nonetheless.

This is Sister Margaretta singing "Climb Ev'ry Mountain." She was a very entertaining nun and when the song came on during the movie she wasted no time in hopping up on stage and leading the audience along.

What an entertaining way to spend a Sunday afternoon. It is something I have never done before and will probably never do again...unless they come up with a sing-a-long for Grease. I love those songs!

I saw they were having a sing a long on their website. Now I kinda wish I had gone. I love your photos!! Haha!

Hey! I wish I would have gone...it looks like sooo much fun! Love the pictures!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates