« Home | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » | complaint letter » | Does the Easter bunny really exist? » 

Thursday, May 25, 2006 

Cleaning crew

I have apparently done something to offend one or more members of the janitorial staff at work. I cannot figure out what I did as I have actually never met any of them before. But they seem to have it out for me.

My office is cold. I mean, freezing cold. I have two space heaters and one is on at all times during the work day. The less effective one is a big, ugly radiant heater and it stands on the floor near my feet. I don’t use this one very often and haven’t turned it on in weeks. On Tuesday morning I walked into my office and smelled something. I couldn’t quite figure out what I smelled but it was almost as if something was burning. I looked around for several minutes before I noticed the radiant heater lying on floor. Not only was it knocked over but it had stuff piled on top of it. And if that weren’t bad enough…the heater was on! I gasped and took a dramatic dive toward the floor to clear everything off the heater. I would have brushed this off as an accident had the heater merely been knocked over. But the fact that the heater was turned on and things were sitting on top of it leads me to believe that foul play was involved. The building could have burned down and the fire would have been traced back to my office. I could have been framed!

The next day when I walked into my office my plant was sickly looking. It is a very special plant that I took from my uncle’s funeral in January. It has been big and green and healthy and never looked sick a day in its life. I take good care to give it plenty of water and sunshine. After the heater incident I’m convinced that the cleaning crew is now murdering my plant. I’m working on nursing it back to health right now.

I don’t know what to do about this. If I leave them some kind of note I’m afraid it’ll give them more motivation to mess with my stuff. I wish I had a hidden camera. Although, I’m not sure I want to know what happens after hours. One morning when I walked in to work there were hand prints all over the glass desktop. Hand prints AND prints of other body parts. Ewww!

Sounds like a conspiracy...but from the sound of things, I would NOT recommend setting up a video camera!!

Bummer! Actually, it doesn's sound like something a cleaning crew would do. For the most part, they are respectable poor folks who wouldn't jeopardize their job to play pranks on a stranger. I would look at a co-worker. Perhaps you could go around the office, take sample "prints" and do a comparison.....?

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates