« Home | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » | complaint letter » | Does the Easter bunny really exist? » | Blondes are wild, brunettes are true, but you neve... » 

Sunday, May 21, 2006 

Maintenance Issues

I watched the series finale of Will & Grace last week and heard a quote from the show that I absolutely loved. In reference to Will, someone said, “He’s the worst kind…he’s high maintenance but thinks he’s low maintenance.”

For the past several years I have been having an ongoing argument with a friend of mine. Not a serious argument but one of those arguments where you're kind of serious but you’re still just joking around because it doesn’t matter and it’s all in fun. Anyway, I think he’s high maintenance and he tells me he thinks I am as well (which I’m not). When I heard that line from the show I laughed and thought of him...apparently he thought of me as well. We just can’t come to an agreement on this issue.

So what really constitutes being high maintenance or low maintenance? What qualities and characteristics are maintenance issues and which ones are just personality traits? Those are tough (and sort of silly) questions and I don’t have all the answers. But I stand firm in my belief that this friend is high maintenance…and I’m not!

So, you will have to ask Jeremy if he thinks I am high maintenance. I know for sure that I am clingy. I don't like doing anything on my own. So if I don't have a girlfriend to do it with, I want Jeremy to do it with me. :) I also love to talk, like all the time. Jeremy is slightly introverted and needs space sometimes...I am still working on learning that, but I am working on it!

I think high maintenance means it takes a lot to make that person happy. They are usually opinionated, picky and judgmental about everything. I think everyone can be high maintenance in some ways but if you find someone to balance you, it all works out in the end.

Actually, the quote can also be found in the movie "When Harry Met Sally". If you haven't seen it, I recommend watching it at least once in your lifetime. Billy Crystal (Harry) was telling Meg Ryan (Sally) that exact thing. She is the classic case of being high maintenance and thinking she's low maintenance.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates