« Home | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » | complaint letter » 

Tuesday, May 30, 2006 

guilty pleasures

I love pedicures! This time of year I just can't get enough of them. I believe that everyone should indulge themselves and pamper their feet from time to time. For me, it’s not about getting my toenails painted a pretty color. It’s about soaking my feet in a tub of warm water with jets, the exfoliating foot scrub and the foot and leg massage. And the best part…sitting in the huge massage chair and feeling so relaxed that I could fall asleep. After an hour at the salon my feet (and the rest of my body) feel rejuvenated. Last summer I would get a pedicure at least once every two weeks. A coworker and I would take a long lunch and go to the salon. This summer, so far, I’m doing better. Monday I had my first pedicure of the summer and it’s already the end of May!

I would also like to point out the fact that there were two men at the salon getting a pedicure while I was there. I have never been able to convince a guy to go get a pedicure. What is this strange fear that men have of going to the salon for a pedicure? Everyone should try it at least once. But beware…you may become addicted.

AMEN!! I definitely have an addiction to pedicures as well. Love 'em SO much!!

ooo I am jealous. I have never actually had a pedicure in a salon! I really want one though. I wonder if I could convince Jeremy to go together....

Well, as a guy, it's difficult to work "I have to get my nails done" into a conversation with your buddies.

"You coming over to watch the game?"
"Yeah, but I may be a few minutes late. I have to stop by the salon."
"What?"
"I mean, uh... I have to finish changing the plug wires on my car."

I have known a couple of guys who have gotten pedicures. They're sort of metrosexual. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

My mom used to give my dad manicures and pedicures occassionally (no polish or anything). He fought it the first time, but I think he actually enjoyed it.

Oh, polish! The first time I read that, I was thinking "What's a Polish manicure?"

I let a girl I was dating sorta do my nails at home once. I kinda liked it.

Bone, that's the funniest thing I've heard all day! Thanks for the laugh. So you did enjoy a pedicure, huh? Does that mean you're exploring your metrosexual side?

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates