« Home | guilty pleasures » | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » | I don’t think we’re in Kansas anymore » 

Sunday, June 04, 2006 

fun house

My roommates were gone last week. I enjoy having the house to myself but I hate being home alone at night. My imagination gets the best of me and I get spooked and can’t sleep. This last week, however, I did really well. I was able to talk myself into going to sleep every night without any problems. There was only one weird thing that happened while they were gone…

I never answer our house phone when it rings. The only people that ever call the house are my roommates’ parents. Since I know the phone isn’t for me I simply don’t answer it. I know that sounds rude but if the roommates aren’t at the house they can be reached on their cell so I don’t worry about it. While they were gone on vacation our phone rang off the hook. I thought it was weird since they were on vacation with their family. Surely they wouldn’t be calling to check up on me. So I decided to answer the phone. The caller on the other end said, “Yes, hello. Is this Frontier City?” Uh…I know our house is fun but it’s no amusement park! I hung up on the caller. But the phone kept ringing and every time it was someone calling Frontier City. I decided to investigate and looked the number up in the phone book. It does have a striking similarity to our phone number. I really hope people start to dial correctly. If I get many more phone calls I may just start pretending that they have, in fact, called Frontier City and have a little fun with it.

That would be great & yes your house would come in a close 2nd. Just start charging for entrance from now on.

LOL! That is hilarious! I know how you feel about being home alone...I hate it! The few times Jeremy went somewhere without me, I went to sleep at my parent's house!

Here I have taken to being afraid of riding elevators by myself. When I am in company, I never think about it. But alone...all the sudden I hear strange noises and my panic starts to rise. I feel pretty childish, but the fear is real!

Our number in TN was similar to the Henderson Fire Dept. No one ever called for an emergency, they just wanted a permit to burn leaves in their yard.

Our number at work is similar to Mel's Towing Company and they have our number on their website so we get calls all the time. We have even told them it is wrong on their website but I guess they don't care.

When I worked for Enterprise Square, I used to get phone calls for Enterprise Rent-A-Car all the time! I actually had a woman chew me out on the phone one morning b/c she had just come in and rented her car and was having a problem with and we weren't answering the phone (it was 8 a.m. - I just got to work). Once she stopped long enough, I told her she called the wrong place. She hung up on me. I also get phone calls for Memorial Park Cemetary sometimes. The best was the lady wanting to know where her mother was buried and got mad b/c I didn't know. That was a fun conversation!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates