« Home | Holiday Etiquette » | It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! » | eavesdropping » | Happy Halloween!!! » | weekend highlights » | you're doin' fine Oklahoma... » | This was not my favorite thing that happened today... » | Dating Committee » | The Prodigal Roommate » | Random Game » 

Tuesday, December 11, 2007 

State of Emergency

It's official...a state of emergency has been declared in all 77 counties in Oklahoma. A winter storm has blown through and ice has made a thick layer on top of everything in sight. Trees, houses, cars, roads, you name it...there's ice on it. I just heard on the news that there are over 200,000 customers without power in the OKC metro area alone. Until just a few hours ago, my household was part of that awful number. I was late for work monday morning for various reasons including no power at my house. But the biggest obstacle for me that morning was that my car had such a thick layer of ice on it that I couldn't get the door open. I wish I had a picture of it to show you but I was too frustrated to think about grabbing the camera. This picture, however, was taken by someone at work that day. The parking lots at work were so icy that the cars just slid together. I'm glad my car wasn't involved in this...


So as much as I love winter let's hope that this storm is almost through and we can all stay warm inside our houses with working electricity.

That's some tight parking right there... it's good your car wasn't in the middle of all that for sure.

You all should have called. I had power and two extra rooms and and extra bathroom (of course only one of the bedrooms had a bed...but I have an air mattress). =o)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates