« Home | State of Emergency » | Holiday Etiquette » | It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! » | eavesdropping » | Happy Halloween!!! » | weekend highlights » | you're doin' fine Oklahoma... » | This was not my favorite thing that happened today... » | Dating Committee » | The Prodigal Roommate » 

Sunday, December 23, 2007 

Round Two...

Well, we've started to recover from the ice storm here in Oklahoma. Most everyone has their power back on with the exception of a few. The broken tree branches have all been cut away and are stacked neatly by the curb waiting to be picked up and disposed of. It's a little depressing to drive down the road and see trees fallen over and broken apart. But the recovery effort has been going well and things are looking up. I survived the ice storm and made it through the whole ordeal with only two days of lost power. No trees fell on my car, I was not involved in any traffic accidents and I didn't even slip and fall on the ice.

Yesterday snow fell in OKC. It came down pretty hard and was preceded by a lot of rain. It's pretty cold here so all the rain froze on the ground and made for some pretty icy roads. The meteorologists were warning people of black ice and asking everyone stay inside. I wasn't worried and figured the Nissan could handle a little snow after making it through all the ice last week. Well, I was wrong. I was driving home last night and turning left onto my street. I was doing everything right...both hands on the wheel, driving slow, pumping the brakes. But as I turned, my car started to slide and it wouldn't quite turn enough to make it to the street I was aiming for. Instead I slid head first into a curb. Luckily, the curb was there because on the other side of the curb was a big ditch. It didn't do much to car except scratch up the front a little bit. I tried to put the car in reverse but couldn't move because of the incline. I sat there a few minutes on the verge of tears and called Jason to come help me. As soon as I got off the phone I noticed someone had pulled over. I got out of the car to speak to the gentleman and when I turned around there were about 15 or 20 people there ready to help. They appeared out of nowhere! So I got in my car and they all pushed it back up the incline so I could get straightened out and go home. I have no idea who any of those people were but I'm very thankful they were there.

Now it's time to head up to the Great Northwest to visit the family for christmas. I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas and safe travels!

I know how much that sucks. We have not had any bad weather yet, but last year I went in the ditch and NO ONE was around. But I managed to get myself out - I was very scared.

Merry Christmas to you & have a safe trip home. Hopefully you won't get threatened to get kicked off the plane!!

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates