« Home | hot pockets » | Happy Birthday America! » | a case of the Mondays » | always, always, always a bridesmaid » | There's no better way to celebrate your birthday..... » | say it with flowers... » | obscure sports » | cutest baby contest » | my weekend in P-town » | at random » 

Saturday, August 16, 2008 

I put on my walking shoes

The title of this post is the name of a song. In fact, this song was a favorite of my youngest brother Matthew when he was a toddler. I still know all the words to it…this song and most of the Barney songs are seared into my memory from hours and hours and hours of listening when he was a kid. I don’t think he reads my blog so hopefully he won’t know that I just announced to the world that he used to like Barney.

On to the real topic…

Today I decided to tackle shoe shopping. You’d think that, being a girl, I would love shoe shopping. But the fact is I hate it. I can’t think of anything I dislike more. I would rather go get stuck with a needle and give blood than shop for shoes. This is probably because I have huge feet. Quick side story…in college I went bowling one evening with friends. The guy behind the counter laughed and called me a behemoth when I told him what size I needed…no joke. Anyway, I’m going to Europe in just three months and I need some good shoes for all the walking that we’ll be doing. I have no idea what to look for but I do know that I want something a little cuter than just a plain pair of tennis shoes.

My friend directed me to this cute little shoe store down in OKC that I’ve driven past a million times but never noticed before this. I finally decided to go check it out today. It wasn’t too bad. They had a lot of good shoes and quality brands. It was more pricey than I anticipated but I actually found a pair of shoes I wouldn’t mind having. What do you think of these? They’re Birkenstocks which I know are good but I’m still not 100% sure if these will be the best for walking around Europe in November.
Now, if I wasn’t already self-conscious about the size of my feet this store may have given me a complex I’ll never get over. In the world of shoes I suddenly went from a size 11 to a size 42!!! What in the world? I do not like this sizing system. I didn’t end up buying the shoes. Perhaps when I recover from the shock I’ll return. I just hope the size isn’t imprinted on any visible part of the shoe.

Ha, even just hearing that size made me laugh! BTW where is my soccer pic that I wanted???

Hello friend! Well you always comment on my blog so I thought I would return the favor! ha ha! A few tips on comfy shoes for walking. Before coming to Japan this was a big thing for me. #1 Make sure they aren't heavy. After a long day of walking that sucks. #2 Make sure the edges aren't so stiff that they will give you blisters. I learned this the hard way. You might look at Merrell (sp?) too. They are good quality and have some fun styles and they are crazy comfortable! Anyway, hope this helps. Hope you are doing well!

You probably have solved your shoe dilema by now (I'm WAY behind on blog reading). If not, I LOVE my Born shoes and I also have some really comfortable sandles that I wear when I'm going to be walking a lot made by Softspot. The Merrell suggestion that Elaina made is also another good one. Good luck. I always have a tough time with shoe shopping too.

Yes, I like the shoes you have selected.

thanks for sharing that shoes I like that i have craze for shoes

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates