« Home | fun house » | guilty pleasures » | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » | OKC Memorial Marathon » | Making a difference or just ditching work? » 

Thursday, June 08, 2006 

manliness

Several years ago I was having a discussion with a friend. I don’t remember the subject matter of the conversation but, after making a comment that may have been slightly out of character for a girl, my friend said, “You’re kind of manly, aren’t you?” He said it jokingly and it’s been an inside joke ever since. I have a small complex as a result of that conversation but it doesn’t really bother me. I’m not sure if this friend would say that same thing about me now as my "girliness" has increased quite a bit over the years. More than anything though, I just think it’s funny. I, myself, even bring it up from time to time for a good laugh.

Yesterday something happened that made me go back to that conversation. I got an email invitation to a Bachelor party. As a woman, there are a few things I never expected to experience. Going to a bachelor party is one of them. Maybe my lot in life is to just be “one of the guys.” The groom-to-be is a good friend of mine and I'm not the only female that received an invitation. However, I'm not sure I want to find out what goes on at Bachelor parties (though I'm fairly certain I already know). I may just sit this one out.

Oh Krista! I think you are very girly! But I also can sympathize with just being "one of the guys." Especially here in Italy, I am the only girl my age, so I usually end up in a group of guys. Most of the time I don't notice, but sometimes you just need some girl time!!

When Jeremy and I got married, we had a joint bachelor/bachellorette (sp?) party. It was totally fun!! Maybe you should talk to the other girls...if you all go, it might be fun.

A joint bachelor/bachelorette party sounds like a good idea...but the bride's not invited to this party. haha. Only friends of the groom are going.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates