« Home | The Sisters I Never Had » | just call me Auntie Krista » | The Family that Runs Together, Stays Together » | 101 days and counting… » | Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years » | MISSING: GREEN PLANT » | Happy Birthday America!! » | the party... » | Tale as old as time… » | The armpit of Oklahoma » 

Thursday, August 17, 2006 

Where do you mingle when you’re single?

I’ve always heard “dating experts” say that the grocery store is a great place to meet people. When I hear this, my usual response is to scoff at their advice and continue on with my day. I hate grocery shopping! I loathe grocery stores and cringe at the thought of going there. When I decide to make that dreaded trip to the store I make sure I know exactly what I want so I can get in and out as quickly as possible. Why would I want to meet someone at a grocery store? There’s always parents there with whiny children, people pushing shopping carts around in the same careless manner that they drive their cars, and pre-teen employees that are more into flirting with their coworkers than doing their jobs. That sounds like an awful place to meet someone new.

Well, my friends, I’m here to tell you that meeting someone at a grocery store is entirely possible. Before you jump to conclusions, my experience was not that great and I’m not falling head over heels for some random person I met while buying milk. But it wasn’t for lack of trying…on his part.

I was at a local grocery store buying a few staple items on my way home from work. As I was mulling over which brand of milk to buy I was approached by Larry. He seemed like a nice enough guy so I humored him by answering his questions as I continued shopping. I guess Larry wanted to move the conversation along when he asked me, “Is it true what they say about redheads?” Well, Larry, I don’t know. What do they say about redheads? At this point he started rambling off a list of things. I only caught a few of them. But one of the phrases he threw out there caught me by surprise. I just laughed, said it was nice to meet him and walked away. The conversation was not going in a direction I wanted to take it. He didn’t let me walk away that easily but eventually gave up. I walked out with a smirk on my face feeling good that I had an interesting story to share about going to the grocery store.

I’m still convinced that there’s got to be better places to meet people than the grocery store.

You should tell "Larry" that on a "Personality" scale of 1 to 10 that he looks like a 2....and you are holding out for at least a 3.

Dang it, I had high hopes for the grocery store, considering thats where I spend a lot of my time. I know its not church or we all would have been snatched up long ago (and considering I practically live at my church, it's not boding too well for me). Well, let me know if you come up with any new places for single girls to frequent. I could use the help. :)

And it sounds like Larry had some interesting things to say about redheads. I think you'll have to share sometime what caught you by surprise. :) I'd be very interested in hearing the unedited version that Linsdy was mentioning.

Oh now, Krista, this could have been YOUR year of YES. Where is that spunk??? I'm wondering if the first post if from my UNCLE Mike, if so - most funny of him as usual!!!

Haha the Year of Yes....whatever happend to YOUR year of Yes Kira??? :)

I'm told Home Improvement stores are a good place too, but the only single guy I've ever talked to in an Home Improvement store has a girlfriend (and did I mention that I already knew him, so it doesn't count).

Perhaps you should comprise a list of redhead stereotypes. I think that would be quite entertaining.

I wrote about a grocery store experience last year on my blog.

I also hear the pest control guy is someone you should look out for.

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates