« Home | just call me Auntie Krista » | The Family that Runs Together, Stays Together » | 101 days and counting… » | Sunrise, sunset, swiftly fly the years » | MISSING: GREEN PLANT » | Happy Birthday America!! » | the party... » | Tale as old as time… » | The armpit of Oklahoma » | Disconnected » 

Sunday, August 13, 2006 

The Sisters I Never Had


I grew up with brothers. I don’t think I would have survived growing up with sisters. I’m pretty sure that my mother and I were all the females our household could handle. This worried me a bit when I went off to college because I’d never had to share a room or deal with living under the same roof as other girls. So I prayed for patience and understanding. And, as an answer to my prayer (and proof that God has a sense of humor), I ended up living with these girls.

It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. But these girls ended up becoming like the sisters I never had. We graduated from college a little over three years ago and this past weekend we all came back together in OKC for a little roommate reunion. It was fun reminiscing about old times. They weren’t always fun times though. Like the time that Brandie decided to call a “roommate meeting.” That didn’t go over too well and ended with all of us yelling at each other. Or the times when we all needed to be in the bathroom getting ready at the same time. Mornings were not good in our apartment.

We had fun too. Like the time we had a water gun fight in our living room. Yep…our couch was wet for a few days after that. Or the time that I taped saran wrap across the doorway of the other bedroom and Ashley walked right into it when she woke up the next morning. We played a lot of practical jokes! Oh…and I can’t forget the time we had the fish wedding. That’s a story in itself though and I will save that one for another blog.

I’m sure glad that I’m not in college anymore. But it’s always fun to get together and talk about the things that happened back then.

This weekend was so much fun! I really enjoyed having the four of us all together again! Your blog almost made me cry! I'm so thankful for all the fun times we had as roommates...college wouldn't have been the same without you girls! Love you tons!!

I like the saran wrap idea. Even now.

And I want to hear about the fish wedding.

That's a really precious pic. I, too, grew up with only brothers and I'm happy to say I've escaped seemingly unscathed. It's fun having brothers (and nieces/nephews because of them -- congrats!), but c'mon. It's not like they're gonna congratulate you when you find the perfect bra....ON SALE.

Oh I have seen the fish wedding video. You need to get a digital version of it and post that clip on your blog.....

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates