« Home | The art of relaxation » | manliness » | fun house » | guilty pleasures » | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » | Good Samaritan » | Car Repair for Dummies » | Pride goes before the fall » 

Sunday, June 18, 2006 

Dragon boat racing champions!!

This weekend was the first annual Riverfest here in OKC. I volunteered to work for a little while but then I hung out and enjoyed the festival with friends. A few of us decided to join in on the dragon boat races. We learned the proper way to row and had a race with another team. We won! After several hours in the blazing Oklahoma sun I came out a dragon boat racing champion and a sunburn victim. I was stupid and failed to apply an adequate amount of sunscreen to my skin. I’ll have to lay low this week and let it heal. This weekend was just the first of three weekends in a row that I will be spending large amounts of time outside in the sun.










On the left is me and the girls getting ready to push of the dock and join the races. The picture on the right is the front of one of the dragon boats. Dragon boat racing is one of the fastest growing team water sports. Anyone can do it…it seems to require little skill and it is almost impossible to tip the boat.

Wow, something cool in OKC?? :) I am glad you had fun, and I hope you heal quickly!

You & sun burn, why am I not surprised?

Yes, I second that comment. Sunburn is almost synonymous with Krista. :) And I'm so excited that you finally got to do a dragon boat race. I remember you were almost on a team here in Portland. Maybe next year you can come visit during Rose Festival time and kick some dragon boat butt with all your mad skills. :)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates