« Home | The armpit of Oklahoma » | Disconnected » | self-evaluation » | Dragon boat racing champions!! » | The art of relaxation » | manliness » | fun house » | guilty pleasures » | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » 

Friday, June 30, 2006 

Tale as old as time…

My roommate and I bought season tickets the civic center. Our first show was last night: Beauty and the Beast. It was a great show and far exceeded my expectations. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the almost 3-hour duration of the show.

As exciting as it was, most of the evenings’ excitement was not contained within the stage production. It all started when we were trying to park. In order to avoid paying $10 for parking we chose a spot along one of the nearby streets. After Lindsy parallel parked (which was quite a challenge for her) we noticed a random guy walking toward the vehicle. Lindsy locked the doors but I rolled down my window to see what he wanted. He proceeded to inform us that it would be $5 to park on the street and we could just pay him. I stared him down and, with attitude that we all know I can give; I looked at him and said, “You’re trying to charge us to park on the street?” He replied, “Well…uh…maybe this spot is free.” Then he turned around and walked away. I give him credit for coming up with a creative idea to scam people out of their money but these girls were not falling for it!

Once inside we asked directions to our seats and sat down. We were very involved in reading actor bios and pointing out all the cute guys in the show when an usher came and asked to see our tickets. Apparently we had been directed to the wrong seats and needed to move to the other side of the auditorium. No problem. As we were exiting the row I looked at the ladies whose seats we had stolen and apologized. One of them gave me a dirty look and exclaimed, “You tried to steal our seats!” How rude!

Wow…the night was off to a great start so far! During intermission I looked at my cell phone and noticed I had received a text message. I opened up my phone to respond to the message when I heard one of the ushers start to yell at me. “Excuse me miss! You didn’t have that phone turned on during the show did you?” At this point, everyone was staring at Lindsy and me. I took a deep breath and gave myself a quick little pep talk in being polite and responded by simply saying, “No, ma’am.” Then she gave me one of those looks that says I think you’re lying to me and I’m going to watch you like a hawk from now on. Sheesh! Since when is it not okay to check your phone during intermission?

I can’t wait to see what the next show holds for us. And just think…the weird people sitting next to us had season tickets also. We get to sit next to them every time!

Next time, dress up like a blind woman, with white cane, dark glasses, hat, etc., and have Linsey lead you in by the hand after everyone else in your row has sat down. It's okay to stumble over feet as you make your way to the seat. Sit down and enjoy the performance, even laughing uncontrollably during funny parts. Enjoy the performance!
(Did I really write this????)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates