« Home | Happy Birthday America!! » | the party... » | Tale as old as time… » | The armpit of Oklahoma » | Disconnected » | self-evaluation » | Dragon boat racing champions!! » | The art of relaxation » | manliness » | fun house » 

Tuesday, July 11, 2006 

MISSING: GREEN PLANT

You may remember my theory about a conspiracy against me at work. If not, you may need to click here to go back and read about it.



(not actual picture of my plant but very close likeness)


I had finally gotten over my paranoia that someone at the office was out to get me. I had come to terms with the fact that I was simply going crazy and nobody was trying to set my office on fire or kill my plant. But now, I realize that I was right all along...

I had a long weekend over this past 4th of July holiday and I wanted to make sure that my plant didn't die while I was gone. It's special to me because I got it at my uncles’ funeral several months ago. My office does not have an outside window (I'm still a few promotions away from that). So I decided to move my plant to another office to be near a window for the weekend. It needed some sunlight while I was gone. A coworker of mine also did this so our plants could keep each other company. Great idea! I'm so starting to get my green thumb!

Well, I had a great weekend and reluctantly went back to work the following Wednesday. As I walked in, I was only looking forward to checking in on my plant and bringing it back to its rightful place in my office. I walked straight to the office where I had left it...and it was gone! SOMEONE STOLE MY PLANT! My coworkers’ plant was still there but not mine. Of all the things someone could have taken, why my plant? There's a huge stack of cd's in the office down the hall from mine. Surely those are more valuable.

I guess I should just suck it up and get over it. It’s a plant. It’s replaceable. But still, it’s the principle of the thing.

what's up with your format? it's all wonky. fix it FAST!!!

-mandy :)

hmmm...is "wonky" even a word? haha. I don't know what happened but I think the problem fixed itself.

won·ky (wong' key)
adj. Chiefly British, won·ki·er, won·ki·est
1. Shaky; feeble.
2. Wrong; awry.
In short, its probable origin is from several dialectal alterations from the Old English "wancol," meaning "unsteady."
-jp
(stinks about your plant)

Post a Comment
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates