« Home | Disconnected » | self-evaluation » | Dragon boat racing champions!! » | The art of relaxation » | manliness » | fun house » | guilty pleasures » | Cleaning crew » | Maintenance Issues » | it could happen to you... » 

Wednesday, June 28, 2006 

The armpit of Oklahoma

I have come to the conclusion that Tahlequah is the armpit of Oklahoma. The city stinks…literally. I went floating down the Illinois River this weekend with a group from church and camped out at one of the resorts nearby. And by resort I mean stinky, dirty cabin infested by June bugs. I apologize if I’ve just offended anyone by my comments but seriously! There is sulfur in the water that stunk so bad I couldn’t bear to take a shower or brush my teeth.

Don’t get me wrong…I had a blast. But every redneck in this part of the country seemed to be on that river this weekend. I came back with a few stories that I’d like to share with you….

• I was the navigator in a van full of people and we managed to get lost on our way to the resort…twice! Sorry guys.

• I had a run in with a tree sticking out of the river. I thought I was going under but my friends saved me.

• There were a few rafts full of people smoking pot. It’s still illegal on the river people!

• A rather large man wearing women’s bikini bottoms was standing on the bank of the river. He felt it appropriate to hoot and holler at us and then moon us. I’ve never rowed as hard as I did trying to get away from him!

• The topless lady. I don’t have much to say about her except gross! I hope she used sunscreen because that sunburn would really suck.

• A random guy with a huge beer bong jumped on my friends raft. He even grabbed a paddle and helped them row a bit. It was very amusing to witness because nobody quite new what to do about him. He eventually jumped off the raft after one of the girls asked him to please stop swearing.

I’m happy to be back in OKC where people are “normal.” I never thought that sentence would come out of my mouth.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates